Berry Corp Ltd
20-22 Wenlock Road
The terms “us,” “we,” the “Company” or “Berry” refer to Berry Corp, LTD.
OUR COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
1.1 Registering with Berry
On downloading the App and directly proceeding to create an account, you provide us with your login authorisations i.e. your password and cell phone number, as well as basic information needed to make the App work for you, which includes your name, date of birth and identified gender. If you choose to register via a third-party account (e.g. Facebook or Google) you will also be sharing your login credentials for these accounts with us.
If you wish to further complete your profile, you can share with us the following additional information:
In certain jurisdictions, some of the additional information you choose to share with us may be deemed as sensitive, for example, sexual orientation, religious/spiritual beliefs or racial and ethnic origins. Where you do choose to upload this type of information about yourself, you are giving us consent to process this information and make it public to other users. Please make sure you are completely comfortable with sharing such information.
1.2 Using the App
As you use the App we will encourage many opportunities for you to give feedback and interact with us generally. You may choose to provide us with information by:
- Sexual Preference
- Photographs and Video (to add this content you may grant us access to your camera or photo album)
In some cases, we will monitor and record the information in these communications to improve our ability to help all who use the App.
It goes without saying that we will also collect the information shared between yourself and other users, as well as any new content you publish as you use the App.
1.3 Information we receive about you from others
In some cases, we may receive information about you from others. As already mentioned in this section (1.1), you may be able to register and log in to the App via a third-party account. You may also wish to upload information from a social media account to Berry (e.g. Instagram or Facebook photos).
As we promote Berry and create partnerships, we may receive information about you from our partners. For example, if a Berry advert is posted on a platform of one of our partner’s, they may provide us with details about how successful our ad campaign was.
1.4 Payment Information
If you subscribe to a paid service or directly make a payment to us or a potential payment service provider of ours, you will need to provide us with payment details, such as your debit or credit card number or alternative financial information.
1.5 Geolocation Information
With your permission to enable location services, we can collect your longitude and latitude (geolocation) through a number of means, including Wi-fi access points, GPS and Bluetooth, depending on the device you’re using. This information assists us in identifying your physical location, with which we can personalize the App and increase your interaction with other users around you. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the services (given your explicit permission to do so). If you want to disable location services, you can do so in the settings of your mobile device.
1.6 Device Information
We may collect information about your device when you use the App. This may include but is not limited to unique device identifiers (IMEI/UDID and MAC address) and hardware/software information, for example the device model, the operating system, the IP address, version and App performance (e.g. crashes).
Unfortunately this section doesn’t have anything to do with free oatmeal and blueberry cookies with every download (sad face)! These cookies are small data files that are transferred to your computer's hard disk and are basically a tool that:
- taking part in surveys to give us your insight into our products and services;
- participating in competitions, promotions or events in which we will collect information you use to register or enter; and/or
- contacting our customer service team
When you visit our website, we may assign your device one or more cookies or other technologies that facilitate personalization to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your experience.
- stores information about website visits;
- identifies you and your preferences each time you visit Berry;
- ensures site functionality; and
- allows us to provide the services our members’ request
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The main purpose of collecting your information is to make your Berry experience as sweet as possible! To do so we may use your information to (but not limited to):
- carry out your account administration;
- provide you with our services and features;
- help you connect with others and our partners;
- personalize the App and content we deliver to you (i.e. offers, promotions, adverts);
- provide new Berry Corp Ltd services to you;
- produce aggregated analytics about user interaction;
- resolve disputes between you and other users;
- prevent, detect, investigate and fight fraud or illegal or unauthorized activities; and
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Our hope for all users is to be able to create meaningful relationships and have a consistently positive experience when using the App. This won’t be possible without sharing information about you.
3.1 Your Consent
If you consent, we may share your information with third parties. In any circumstance, the reason to why we wish to share your information will be made clear.
We may share aggregated information with third parties that includes your non-personal data (meaning that the information alone does not identify who you are for example, device information, general demographic data and behavioural data). We may also share this information with third parties (particularly advertisers) to develop and provide targeted advertising on the App and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyse and report on advertising you see. You may opt-out of receiving marketing messages by using the opt-out mechanisms and links provided in all messages sent by us.
3.2 Other Users
The majority of information sharing is between users. You share information when you voluntarily upload information to the App. When using the App, you should make the assumption all content you upload may be viewed and accessed publicly, both by those who use the App and those who do not. Given this, we ask you to take the utmost care in making sure all content you share is content you are completely comfortable being viewed publicly. Once you have shared this information, we can not control what others do with it. However, you may have the option to limit certain features of your profile.
3.3 Our Service Providers
We use trusted third parties to help us operate and improve our services provided to you. We may share your information with these third parties, strictly for the purposes of performing specific functions and providing us with services such as (but not limited to):
3.4 Business Transactions
In the event that Berry or any of our partners is involved in a business transfer such as a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control, we may be required to transfer your personal information.
When required by law we may disclose your information if reasonably necessary:
- Data hosting and maintenance
- Customer care
- Marketing and Advertising
3.6 Cross Border Transfers
The sharing of information as described in this section may sometimes involve cross-border data transfers, including to the United States of America and other jurisdictions. If you live in a country with specific data protection laws (e.g. within the European Economic Area), the storage of your personal data may not include the same protection as you would receive in your country of residence. By using the App in any capacity, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your personal information in any such countries and destinations.
- To comply with a legal process (such as a court order, law enforcement investigations, search warrants etc.)
- To assist in the investigation, prevention or detection of criminal or illegal activity
- To protect the safety of any person
- To protect our legal rights or intellectual property or those of third parties including our business partners
- To mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
At Berry we work extremely hard to protect your information from any loss, misuse, disclosure, destruction or unauthorized access. We use rigorous security measures to frequently monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Unfortunately, being a technology provider and online service, despite the measures we have in place, we cannot guarantee your personal information will always be secure.
If you believe your account is no longer secure, please do notify us ASAP via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, if you believe someone has had access to your social media login credentials please report it to the relevant social media platform and change the password right away.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and as permitted by applicable law. In order to prevent abuse and/or misuse of Berry by a User following the deletion of an account we shall retain such information as we deem in our sole discretion may be necessary:
To protect the safety and security of all users on and off the App or in the case of accidental deletion of an account, it is still possible to restore your account following deletion for up to 6 months. During this period, account information will be retained without being visible on the App any longer. If an account remains continuously inactive after 2 years, it will also be deleted.
Please bear in mind that even though our systems are constructed to execute data deletion processes, we cannot guarantee that all information will be deleted within the specified time frame due to technical constraints.
- to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and evidence this compliance
- to assist in resolving any outstanding issues or disputes; and/or
6.1 UK and EU
There are certain rights you possess under the General Data Protection Regulation Act (GDPR) if you are a UK or EU citizen explained in full detail by the Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO), the UK’s lead regulator, on their website www.ico.org.uk. At a glance these rights are as follows:
6.2 California privacy rights
In accordance with California’s “Shine the Light” law, if you are a California resident you may request a notice disclosing the categories of information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If you wish to request this notice please email us at email@example.com and we will try and respond as soon as possible. To ensure the safety and protection of all users, full proof of identity must be included in the request for information.
- The right of access: you can request a copy of your data and (commonly referred to as subject access)
- The right of rectification: the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed If incomplete
- The right to erasure: you have the right to have your data erased; however this right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing: you have the right to request that processing is stopped but the data retained, however this right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability: you can request a copy of your data in a machine-readable form that can be transferred across different services.
- The right to object: in certain circumstances (including where data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests or for the purposes of marketing) you may object to that processing.
- The rights related to automated decision making including profiling: there are a number of rights in this area where processing carried out on a solely automated basis results in a decision which has legal or significant effects for the individual. In these circumstances your rights include the right to ensure that there is human intervention in the decision-making process.
As much as we want Berry to grow and impact the lives of many within the community, you have to be at least 18 years old to use the App. Berry does not knowingly collect any information from children, minors or anyone under the age of 18. Please do not submit any information to us if you are under the age of 18. If we become aware that anyone under the age of 18 has an account with us and has provided us with information, we will take steps to delete their account alongside their registration details. If you suspect a user is under the age of 18, please report this to us through the reporting function within the App.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Berry Corp 20-22
Updated 20 September 2020